We Serve Fathers Who Want Custody, Parenting Time with Their Kids

As a previous post on this blog discussed, there is still an impression in Texas that a child’s mom is, by default, the best parent to take on the responsibilities of full-time custody when a child’s parents do not live together.

While Texas lawmakers and others are doing what they can to change this traditional impression, fathers in Sugar Land, Fort Bend County, and throughout the Houston metro area may be tempted just to give on custody or generous parenting time rather than fight for these things in court, even when they are well-qualified and both have and want a strong relationship with their children.

When our law office represents fathers, we treat their cases with an eye toward the courtroom, knowing that negotiations about custody and parenting time may break down. When this does happen, even when it is only a possibility, we investigate and prepare our custody cases so that we are confident we can convince a court that the father is well-equipped and even the best parent to take the lead in raising a child.

While it is an important part of what we do, advocating in court is not the only service we offer fathers who want a better relationship with their kids. We give an initial consultation to our clients or prospective clients and make it a point to keep the lines of communication with our clients open and efficient. Moreover, we will give an honest and early evaluation of the strengths and weaknesses of your case and help you set realistic goals. If negotiation is an option in your case, we will help you craft solutions that will be in your and your children’s best interest.

Although we cannot promise our clients will get what they want in their cases, we do offer sympathy, attention to detail, and zealous advocacy whenever we take on a custody matter for one of our clients.

Related Posts
  • Tackling Summer Vacation as Co-parents Read More
  • What to Do if Your Children’s Mother Does Not Allow You to Visit Read More
  • My Spouse Wants to Move Our Child Out of the State; What Can I Do? Read More