Enforcement Of Court Orders

Take Legal Action If Court Orders Are Not Being Followed in sugar land, tx

We also Serve Clients Throughout Fort Bend, Harris & Brazoria Counties

Divorce decrees are legal orders that must be abided by unless formally and legally modified. Those who choose not to follow an order can be held in contempt of court.

At the Sugar Land, Texas, Tracton Law Firm, PLLC, our attorney and support team is committed to helping clients recover the child support payments, spousal support, visitation rights, or other rights they are entitled to under their divorce decree. I represent clients seeking enforcement of prior orders as well as clients defending against such actions.

Assertive Legal Representation That Gets Results

A person who is found to be in contempt of court orders risks additional collection orders and sanctions such as wage garnishment, garnishment of bank accounts, property liens, repossession, asset seizure and/or even incarceration.

To seek a court order regarding enforcement of a divorce decree, you must prove that your spouse has failed to comply with its terms. Typical situations the court will consider include:

  • Failure to turn over assets
  • Failure to pay debts as ordered
  • Failure to sell or refinance an asset
  • Failure to pay spousal maintenance
  • Failure to pay child support

It is important to show that the infraction is habitual. I counsel clients on how to document every instance, with precise dates and times, preferably with witnesses.

If the court agrees that you did not receive the amount of visitation time with your child that is stipulated in your divorce decree, it can award you extra time or modify the orders permanently.

I Welcome The Opportunity To Review Your Situation

I offer an initial consultation, during which I will give you a straightforward assessment of your enforcement matter and explain how an experienced lawyer can help you resolve the matter quickly and cost-effectively. Call (281) 962-7738 or use my online contact form to schedule an appointment.