Other Family Law Issues in Sugar Land
40+ Years of Legal Experience Guiding Families in Southeast Texas Toward a Resolution
Unexpected life changes can lead to a range of family law complications. When a development arises that impacts an existing or pending family court order, for instance, you may need to take additional legal action. Beyond standard family law matters like divorce and property division, we also offer an array of other family law services to meet all your legal needs, such as:
- Enforcement of court orders – If a spouse fails to comply with a support or a property division agreement or is not following a parenting plan that was agreed to, you have legal recourse.
- Modifications to existing orders – Changes in circumstances can be reasons to modify child support, spousal support, and/or parenting plans.
- Mediation – I accompany every client to mediation, which is a required component of divorce in Texas.
- Parental alienation – If you are concerned that your child’s other parent is attempting to coerce your child into showing hostility toward you, legal steps can be taken against this.
- Parental relocation – Moving a certain distance from the other parent could impact the existing parenting plan and lead to a complex legal process. I can help petition the court for your relocation proposal or object to the other parent’s petition to move with your child.
- Pre-marital and postnuptial agreements – Protecting assets that you are bringing into a marriage or the inheritance of children from a previous marriage are only two of many reasons you might want a premarital or postnuptial agreement. Let me help you draft one today.
- Spousal support maintenance – Spouses have the right to request financial support following a divorce. I can help you build a strong case for spousal support based on your needs and circumstances.
- Stepparent adoption – I can help stepparents who wish to formally adopt stepchildren, especially the difficult step of getting consent from the other birth parent.
Let Tracton Law Firm Help
It can be difficult to make sense of complex family law issues, especially when you are grappling with tense emotions and an uncertain future. I help clients in Sugar Land and the surrounding counties of Fort Bend, Harris, and Brazoria understand their rights and navigate their family law matters. My commonsense approach allows me to help parents and spouses reach agreements on disputes without even having to go to court, though I am always prepared for litigation if a fair agreement cannot be reached amicably.
If you have questions or concerns about any family law matter, contact Tracton Law Firm online for an initial consultation to discuss your case in detail.