Singer Chris Brown May Lose Visitation with Daughter

One of the best things that can come from a child custody battle for a parent is that they get to spend time with their child. Some may only be awarded visitation, but this still allows them to see their child and maintain a relationship. Ideally, when this happens, parents should use this time to show that they can be a good parent and have their child’s best interests in mind. Unfortunately, not all parents do this.

Singer Chris Brown has found difficulty co-parenting with his daughter’s mother. The two only recently resolved a custody battle, which ended with the singer being awarded visitation, but that may be about to change. It was recently reported that Brown’s daughter has developed asthma and that her mother is blaming Brown for this, allegedly saying his smoking was the cause. Because of this, paperwork has been filed against Brown asking for alterations in his visitation.

When a parent is awarded visitation, it is important that they do not do anything to jeopardize this. Although it has not yet been proven that Brown’s smoking is the cause of his daughter’s asthma, if he does, in fact, smoke around her, this may be seen as dangerous and irresponsible. As a result, the court may reduce the amount of time he gets to spend with his daughter or not allow him visitation at all.

All parents should lead a lifestyle that does not negatively affect their child’s life. It is understandable that some people have habits that are hard to break, but when a child is around, they should do what they can to shield their child from this because it could cause them harm. Anyone who has questions about what they can do if their child’s other parent may be endangering the child’s life or not caring for them the way they should can contact an attorney for assistance.

Source: New York Daily News, “Chris Brown’s ex, Nia Guzman, says singer gave daughter Royalty asthma by smoking around her,” Peter Sblendorio, Jan. 31, 2016

Related Posts
  • Tackling Summer Vacation as Co-parents Read More
  • What to Do if Your Children’s Mother Does Not Allow You to Visit Read More
  • My Spouse Wants to Move Our Child Out of the State; What Can I Do? Read More