Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale Agree on Joint Custody

Divorce can happen to any couple. One day they may seem happy and in love, then the next they decide that things are no longer working out. For whatever reason couples may decide to divorce, they often have to resolve certain issues before the divorce can be granted. Some couples may find that property division or alimony are the only issues that they need to resolve, but for others, child custody may be the most important thing to be addressed.

Singers Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale have been added to the list of Hollywood celebrities to recently decide to divorce after more than 10 years together. The two reportedly claim that the divorce is due to irreconcilable differences and they have allegedly decided to share joint custody of their three children. This decision is an admirable one, as many couples dispute for months over which parent will get sole custody of the children.

Rossdale and Stefani are an example of how two parents can agree on a child custody arrangement. These types of issues may often result in a dispute, but they do not have to. When parents recognize how important it is that they both be present in the lives of their children, they may be able to agree that joint custody may be the best option.

Whenever a couple is going through a divorce and will have to discuss the issue of child custody, they may want to have a lawyer present. The issue of child custody does not always go smoothly, but with an attorney there to assist with the process, parents may be able to find an arrangement that they both can agree on. Both parents should be allowed to spend an equal amount of time with their children, and an attorney may be able to get parents to see how important it is that children maintain a healthy relationship with their parents.

Source: The Herald, “Musicians Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale file for divorce,” August 3, 2015

Related Posts
  • Tackling Summer Vacation as Co-parents Read More
  • What to Do if Your Children’s Mother Does Not Allow You to Visit Read More
  • My Spouse Wants to Move Our Child Out of the State; What Can I Do? Read More