Law Office of Michael D. Tracton, P.C.
Call For A Free Initial Consultation:
Call For A Free Initial Consultation:
Menu Contact

Why and how to enforce a child custody related court order

While most couples are able to come to a child custody arrangement and stick to it, some divorcing parties have difficulties meeting the terms of the agreement. This could happen in several different ways. Most often it occurs as failing to pay child support as outlined or failing to meet or allow certain visitation times. These specifications are likely laid out in the divorce decree.

The divorce decree is a document that was ordered by the court at the time of the custody hearing and pertains to all the specifics of the custody arrangement, among other things. It is really important that both parties attempt to hold up their end of the agreement. This is because the custody agreement was designated with the goal of keeping the best interests of the child in mind. Even though two parties may disagree, the child in the middle of the divorce should be the focal point of discussions and arrangements.

There can be repercussions if a divorce decree is not adhered to by one or both parties. Oftentimes, the lawyers at Michael D. Tracton, P.C. represent clients who are seeking back-owed child support or parties seeking their visitation time. If it is specified in the divorce decree and the specifications have not been met, we can help people attain what they are lawfully owed. In order to seek a court order regarding enforcement of a divorce decree, people must prove that their ex-spouse has failed to comply with its terms.

This is just the beginning of the process. Divorce decrees are court orders that specify what each ex-spouse's responsibilities are in the custody arrangement. If these specifications are not met, it could mean consequences for the faltering party. Explore your options in family court if you feel the contract has not been upheld.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Contact us for a Free Initial Consult

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Law Office of Michael D. Tracton, P.C.

12920 Dairy Ashford Road
Suite 140
Sugar Land, TX 77478

Phone: 281-201-1481
Fax: 281-242-2325
Sugar Land Law Office Map