Know Your Rights Regarding Relocation And Other Family Law Matters

A number of family law issues that fall outside of the standard categories occur during the initial divorce or end of a nonmarital relationship, or before or after initial agreements are reached. The Law Office of Michael D. Tracton, P.C., in Sugar Land assists residents throughout Southeast Texas with a wide range of these family law matters. They include:

  • Enforcement — If a spouse fails to comply with support or a property division agreement, or is not following a parenting plan that was agreed to, you have legal recourse.
  • Modifications to existing orders — Changes in circumstances can be reason to modify child support, spousal support or parenting plans.
  • Relocation — Moving with a child or, if you are a noncustodial parent, relocating far enough away that it will impact a parenting plan is a complex process. I can help petition the court to relocate or defend against a petition to move with a child.
  • Adopting a stepchild — I help stepparents who wish to formally adopt stepchildren.
  • Parental alienation — If you are concerned that your child's other parent is attempting to coerce your child into showing hostility toward you, legal steps can be taken.
  • Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — Protecting assets that you are bringing into a marriage or the inheritance of children from a previous marriage are just two reasons to explore the need for a premarital or postnuptial agreement.

Making Sense Of Complex Family Law Issues

I help clients in Greater Houston and throughout Southeast Texas understand their rights and navigate these family law matters. My common sense approach allows me to help clients reach agreement on disputes without the need to litigate in most cases, but I am always prepared to go to court if a fair agreement cannot be reached amicably.

If you have questions or concerns about any family law matter, I am ready to help. Call 281-201-1481 or use my online contact form to schedule a free consultation.